4" Opening x 14 inch 200 Micron Drawstring Felt Filter Sock - LONG, 4 PACK
Four 4 inch (Flat) by 14 inch Long Felt Filter Socks with 4-inch Diameter Opening
- CUSTOMER AND PROFESSIONALS CHOICE - Our 200 micron size filter socks are BEST SELLERS - the TOP CHOICE for my clients as well as my aquarium service technicians and both chose 200 micron socks because they do not clog as quickly as smaller microns do, yet they HELP ENSURE CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER.
- HIGH QUALITY AND REUSABLE - Solid construction and heavy duty stitching make these socks STRONG AND DURABLE so they CAN BE CLEANED AND REUSED numerous times. NOW with STRONGER THICKER tie string. You will receive four 4 inch (flat) by 14 inch long felt filter socks with a 4-inch diameter opening.
- CUSTOM MADE with DRAWSTRING - Our filter socks are constructed only when our factory receives our exact specifications; YEARS OF TESTING produced the perfect blueprint. Other socks may look like ours but if you want the best you have found them.
- IMPROVE WATER QUALITY - Our filter socks have interlocking micro-denier felt fibers that are perfect for trapping uneaten food, waste excreted by livestock, decaying plants, detritus, dust, and other floating particulates. Changing filter socks regularly will INCREASE WATER QUALITY by removing solid organic compounds before they continue to break down and add additional nutrients (which can increase algae growth) to your aquarium water.
- TIPS AND RISK-FREE GUARANTEE! You will receive OUR PROFESSIONAL CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED with your filter socks. In addition, we are committed to our 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION so if you find that you are not 5-Star happy with us or our products, please contact us and we will do whatever it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied.
Our 200 micron Drawstring filter sock with 4 inch opening is available in SHORT (8 inches long).
Our Filter Socks Help Keep Your Aquarium Clean and Healthier
The interlocking micro-denier felt fibers are perfect for trapping uneaten food, waste excreted by livestock, decaying plants, detritus, dust, and other floating particulates.
Changing filter socks regularly increases water quality by removing collected solid organic compounds before they continue to break down and add additional nutrients (which can increase algae growth) to your aquarium water.
Rinse new filter socks with clean fresh water and wring them out before using them in your filter.
How to Clean Our Filter Socks
You can find the exact steps we recommend to clean your filter sock by clicking our resource tab and find the article titled "How to Clean Filter Socks and Filter Bags" or you can click here.
I owned an aquarium store (and a separate aquarium maintenance company) for over 25 years during which I spent a lot of time and resources searching out and testing countless filter socks to find the best for my clients. Fortunately, one stood above the rest giving consistent and repeatable filtration performance in all types of aquariums. These long-lasting heavy-duty filter socks are the best the industry has to offer!
Q: Is the 100-micron or 200-micron better for my aquarium?
A: The lower the micron rating, the more floating debris it removes hence the filter socks clog up faster. Many hobbyists have both the 100 and 200 mlcron filter socks which allow them to swap out their 200 micron socks from time to time.
Q: How often should I change the filter socks?
A: It depends on tank load, but generally you want to change your filter socks once a week or every two weeks. The more often you change your filters socks, the better your water quality; it removes organic solids before they have a chance to further break down.
Q: Is it better to use a longer sock with more sock hanging in the filter water than a shorter one?
A: Ideally the filter sock should be hanging in the water without touching or laying on the bottom of the sump. If a shorter sock is above the water line there may be more noise as water drains from the sock side and splashes into the water In your sump.
Q: Is there a glaze finish on these filter socks? the glaze makes them less flexible and stiffer. or are they untreated?
A: Our socks are untreated. The felt is soft, flexible, and perfect for trapping floating debris from the water.
Q: Has anyone verified if Aquatic Experts filter socks will work with the reefer?
A: We have personally tested Our filter socks in the reefer sliding shelf sock holder. Our filter sock material is thick and our plastic ring is slightly too large to drop through the hole in the shelf.
Q: What makes Aquatic Experts felt filter socks better than any other brand?
A: Owning an aquarium store and service company for 25 years meant that we had to test countless filter socks to find the best ones. One stood above the rest giving consistent and repeatable filtration performance in freshwater, saltwater and reef tanks.
- FREE Standard Shipping for all USA Orders!
Most US based orders are shipped directly from our warehouse within 24-48 hrs for your convenience and maximum efficiency.
- Your product will arrive within 7 to 10 Business Days.
- We offer a full 30 day no-risk, no-nonsense 100% Money Back Guarantee. Please contact us for return requests.
We Are Committed To Helping Our Customers Be Successful Aquatic Hobbyists Through Education and Dependable Products
At Aquatic Experts, our goal is to sell products which we have thoroughly tested, meet our strict animal safety standards, and give consistent and repeatable performance. These are just a few of great reasons to buy from us. We are a fast growing company because we always put our customers and aquatic friends first. Since we too are hobbyists we pride ourselves in giving our customers comprehensive information on care and use of our products. We give clear concise instructions so that our customers can get the most out of our products and the benefits will be evident with their aquariums and happy aquatic friends. Shop with us today and see the Aquatic Experts' difference.
A Few More Reasons You Should Buy From Us
• Most of our products are stored and shipped through Amazon's reliable and trusted fulfillment centers located throughout the US.
• Brand new innovative products are available on a regular basis.
•Using our quality products will save time, money or both. You will love our products
• Competitive pricing
• Tons of satisfied customers
• Secure Ordering available
• Courteous, knowledgeable and professional support
• 100% Satisfaction Money back guarantee.
• We try are very best to keep all items in stock & ready to ship
• We are fortunate to have masses of repeat customers. We must be doing something right!
Our products are made in the USA which gives us the ability to maintain our high level of quality and to support US factories. We are proud to offer the very best products giving our customers the peace of mind that they are giving their aquatic pets the very best. The bottom line is this: we love our customers, and our customers love our products!