2,000 Count Bio Ball Filter Media with Mesh Bag - 1.5 Inch Large - with 6 Mesh Bags
- OUTSTANDING FILTRATION! Each bio ball is covered in spines to dramatically increase the surface area of each ball to nearly 2 square feet providing space for a massive number of beneficial bacteria to colonize. These good bacteria break down harmful organic waste keeping your aquatic friends safe. You will receive approximately 2,000 1-1/2-inch bioballs with 6 mesh bags. Just rinse and use.
- TOUGH AND UNIQUE! Our bio balls’ spherical shape and precise spine placement permits them to pack tightly into any shape or filter type without losing surface area. Molded from high density plastic, these balls are lightweight but tough enough to keep their shape and will never degrade or wear out. Bio balls can be used loose or in the mesh bag with plastic zipper.
- TRUSTED POND MEDIA! Our Bio balls are 100% polypropylene making them a safe reliable bio filter media for fresh and saltwater. They are manufactured for use in koi and water garden ponds, freshwater fish tanks, saltwater aquariums, aquaponics, fish hatcheries and much more.
- SUPERIOR TO LAVA ROCK: Over time, porous lava rock becomes clogged with debris decreasing its surface area so that its ability to house and grow good beneficial bacteria plummets. Our pond bio balls’ uniquely spaced spines allow most debris to pass right through them. Lava rock has tiny pores which make it difficult to clean while bio balls in most applications never need cleaning. A bag of wet lava rock is many times heavier than our pond balls.
- EASY TO CLEAN - When organic waste builds up in the bioballs, they can be gently rinsed in dechlorinated wate to remove debris and refresh the bioballs. Use our FilterFIrst, dual density bonded filter pad, or water polishing pad to capture large particles before they can be trapped in the bioballs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Aquatic Experts Bio Balls with Mesh Bag
QUESTION: How easy is it to clean the bio balls?
ANSWER: Typically you do not need to clean bio balls since most filters use a prefilter pad to remove most of the debris before water flows to the bio balls. In an
outside pond, bio balls may require cleaning. In this case it is best to take a bucket of water from your pond, and swish the balls around in this water to preserve
the good bacteria attached to the surface of the bio balls.
QUESTION: How long should the bio balls last?
ANSWER: Our Bio balls are made from high density plastic so they should never degrade or wear out.
QUESTION: I have a 1,000 gallon water garden pond. How many bio balls do I need?
ANSWER: Typically, our 300 pack of bio balls will handle the bio-load of a typical stocked pond. With this said there are variables which effect how heavy a bio-load
is in a pond including: how many fish, their size, how often they are fed, and so on. The only way to know if you have enough bio balls is to test your water for
ammonia or nitrites. If you detect ammonia or nitrite levels in your pond water ( not caused from overfeeding or a dead fish) add more bio balls.
QUESTION: Does your mesh bag have a metal or plastic zipper?
ANSWER: Our mesh bag has a fish-safe plastic zipper.
- FREE Standard Shipping for all USA Orders!
Most US based orders are shipped directly from our warehouse within 24-48 hrs for your convenience and maximum efficiency.
- Your product will arrive within 7 to 10 Business Days.
- We offer a full 30 day no-risk, no-nonsense 100% Money Back Guarantee. Please contact us for return requests.
We Are Committed To Helping Our Customers Be Successful Aquatic Hobbyists Through Education and Dependable Products
At Aquatic Experts, our goal is to sell products which we have thoroughly tested, meet our strict animal safety standards, and give consistent and repeatable performance. These are just a few of great reasons to buy from us. We are a fast growing company because we always put our customers and aquatic friends first. Since we too are hobbyists we pride ourselves in giving our customers comprehensive information on care and use of our products. We give clear concise instructions so that our customers can get the most out of our products and the benefits will be evident with their aquariums and happy aquatic friends. Shop with us today and see the Aquatic Experts' difference.
A Few More Reasons You Should Buy From Us
• Most of our products are stored and shipped through Amazon's reliable and trusted fulfillment centers located throughout the US.
• Brand new innovative products are available on a regular basis.
•Using our quality products will save time, money or both. You will love our products
• Competitive pricing
• Tons of satisfied customers
• Secure Ordering available
• Courteous, knowledgeable and professional support
• 100% Satisfaction Money back guarantee.
• We try are very best to keep all items in stock & ready to ship
• We are fortunate to have masses of repeat customers. We must be doing something right!
Our products are made in the USA which gives us the ability to maintain our high level of quality and to support US factories. We are proud to offer the very best products giving our customers the peace of mind that they are giving their aquatic pets the very best. The bottom line is this: we love our customers, and our customers love our products!