MESH 4" Ring x 8 Inch 200 Micron Filter Socks - Short - 2 Pack
Two 4 inch by 8 inch Long 200 Micron MESH Filter Socks
- TRAPS LARGE PARTICLES - Our 200 micron mesh filter socks have an open weave pattern designed to trap ONLY larger particles, snails, fish and other items. 200 micron mesh socks are unlike 200 micron felt socks, which trap large to fine debris floating in the water. Trapping only larger particles means these socks will LAST LONGER AND NEED TO BE CLEANED LESS OFTEN than felt socks.
- HIGH QUALITY - Polypropylene fiber strands are woven into a specific pattern and are thermally bonded to create a STRONG, DURABLE MESH SCREEN, heavy duty stitching is then used to create a long lasting filter sock. You will receive two 4 inch by 8 inch long mesh filter socks with a 4-inch diameter plastic ring that will fit most sump holders. THESE DO NOT FIT RED SEA FILTERS.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND REUSE - Our HEAVY DUTY MESH FILTER socks are constructed to be cleaned and reused many times. They can easily be rinsed in a sink, or for a more thorough cleaning, they are TOUGH ENOUGH TO BE CLEANED IN A WASHING MACHINE. Just follow our cleaning steps.
- SPECIALTY SOCKS - Mesh socks are for hobbyists who want to keep snails and other larger size items from entering their pumps and want to clean their filter socks less often. Since mesh socks do not trap fine debris from the water, it may be BEST TO ROTATE MESH SOCKS WITH FELT SOCKS to keep aquarium water crystal clear. To see all of our socks, sizes, and quantities, simply click above on - by Aquatic Experts - under the title.
- TIPS - You will receive our PROFESSIONAL CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED with your filter socks.
Help Keep Your Aquarium Clean and Healthier
Our 200 micron MESH filter socks have an open weave pattern designed to ONLY trap larger particles, snails, fish and other items. 200 micron mesh socks are unlike 200 micron felt socks which trap large to fine debris floating in the water. Trapping only larger particles means these socks will last longer and need to be cleaned less often than felt socks.
Changing filter socks regularly increases water quality by removing collected solid organic compounds before they continue to break down and add additional nutrients (which can increase algae growth) to your aquarium water.
These MESH filter socks and support rings consist of durable polypropylene which meets FDA regulations for food contact and can withstand temperatures up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit (94 degrees C). Polypropylene is a perfect material for both fresh and saltwater aquariums.
Thoroughly rinse new filter socks with clean fresh water, wring them out before using them in your filter. You can also follow the method below and clean new socks in the washing machine.
How to Clean Our Filter Socks
You can find the exact steps we recommend to clean your filter sock by clicking our resource tab and find the article titled "How To Clean Mesh Filter Socks and FAQ."
FILTER SOCKS FAQ
Q: Is the 100 micron or 200 micron better for my aquarium?
A: The lower the micron rating, the more floating debris it removes hence the filter socks clog up faster. Many hobbyists have both 100 and 200 micron filter socks which allow them to swap out their 200-micron socks from time to time.
Q: How often should I change the filter socks?
A: It depends on the tank load, but generally you want to change your filter socks once a week or every two weeks. The more often you change your filter socks, the better your water quality; it removes organic solids before they have a chance to further break down.
Q: Is it better to use a longer sock with more socks hanging in the filtered water than a shorter one?
A: Ideally the filter sock should be hanging in the water without touching or laying on the bottom of the sump. If a shorter sock is above the water line there may be more noise as water drains from the sock side and splashes into the water In your sump.
Q: Is there a glaze finish on these filter socks? the glaze makes them less flexible and stiffer. or are they untreated?
A: Our socks are untreated. The felt is soft, flexible, and perfect for trapping floating debris from the water.
Q: Has anyone verified if Aquatic Experts filter socks will work with the reefer?
A: We have personally tested Our filter socks in the reefer sliding shelf sock holder. Our filter sock material is thick and our plastic ring is slightly too large to drop through the hole in the shelf.
Q: What makes Aquatic Experts felt filter socks better than any other brand?
A: Owning an aquarium store and service company for 25 years meant that we had to test countless filter socks to find the best ones. One stood above the rest giving consistent and repeatable filtration performance in freshwater, saltwater, and reef tanks.
- FREE Standard Shipping for all USA Orders!
Most US based orders are shipped directly from our warehouse within 24-48 hrs for your convenience and maximum efficiency.
- Your product will arrive within 7 to 10 Business Days.
- We offer a full 30 day no-risk, no-nonsense 100% Money Back Guarantee. Please contact us for return requests.
We Are Committed To Helping Our Customers Be Successful Aquatic Hobbyists Through Education and Dependable Products
At Aquatic Experts, our goal is to sell products which we have thoroughly tested, meet our strict animal safety standards, and give consistent and repeatable performance. These are just a few of great reasons to buy from us. We are a fast growing company because we always put our customers and aquatic friends first. Since we too are hobbyists we pride ourselves in giving our customers comprehensive information on care and use of our products. We give clear concise instructions so that our customers can get the most out of our products and the benefits will be evident with their aquariums and happy aquatic friends. Shop with us today and see the Aquatic Experts' difference.
A Few More Reasons You Should Buy From Us
• Most of our products are stored and shipped through Amazon's reliable and trusted fulfillment centers located throughout the US.
• Brand new innovative products are available on a regular basis.
•Using our quality products will save time, money or both. You will love our products
• Competitive pricing
• Tons of satisfied customers
• Secure Ordering available
• Courteous, knowledgeable and professional support
• 100% Satisfaction Money back guarantee.
• We try are very best to keep all items in stock & ready to ship
• We are fortunate to have masses of repeat customers. We must be doing something right!
Our products are made in the USA which gives us the ability to maintain our high level of quality and to support US factories. We are proud to offer the very best products giving our customers the peace of mind that they are giving their aquatic pets the very best. The bottom line is this: we love our customers, and our customers love our products!